Recent Posts

Blog Archive



Friday, November 7, 2008

Hosting Your Websites

By Phil Boo

As a journalist I need to explore sections of the internet world and find out what works and what doesn't. Such investigations bring up new information that many aren't familiar with; on this occasion I interviewed one of my business associates who had some good news...

Richard Martin is an experienced businessman and is attempting to focus on bringing some of his 'offline businesses' onto the internet. The cost in doing so has restricted his progress, but in conversation, he told me of new technology that many are missing out on...

... He said, "First and foremost I am guilty... I know doubt have followed the same path as many are doing now. I have gradually grown from one website to over 10. Without knowing too much about the internet I foolishly hosted every new website either on a different hosting provider or with another account on the current provider and paid separately for each account.

So perhaps if I was paying $8 per month x 10 = $80, I paid this for some 18 months as I thought it was a necessary procedure. Until I understood how hosting providers work.

I worked with one hosting provider from my early days in 2001 and would have suggested them to everyone as I thought they were excellent. Good customer service, pretty much reliable and my websites were seen on the internet. No qualms, no problems and no hesitations.

Everything was hunky dory and I accepted the $80 per month for all my sites. Then when I read more I found that you can now find hosting providers that allow multiple websites in one account. Today most multiple providers suggest 10 websites for one monthly fee. Yet even better news is that because of competition some hosting providers allow unlimited websites. Initially their costing was that little bit higher, but even that has come down to compete with the mainstream providers.

So... Now I'm smiling all the way to the bank as my $80 per month has been reduced to just $7.95, for ALL of my websites. Isn't competition a beautiful thing... All my websites are hosted with a reliable hosting provider.

If you are using links between your sites then using one hosting provider may affect their linking strength, but when you're saving money that out weighs this benefit.

Beyond all the money saving possibilities this particular hosting provider claims to be totally 'green' and works of the power of the sun and wind. Not only am I getting a good deal, am I also being green..."

May I say Richard was rather enthusiastic about this conversation as his budget would remain at $80 for servicing his websites, but the remaining $72 would be spent on traffic improvements. I could see he was pleased.


So Richard which is the Hosting Provider you are referring to? Richard said, "Go to this link: http://www.globaltop5.com/web-hosting.html

I hope this information is helpful.

Mr. Phil Booker

Senior Internet Advisor and Journalist

This week's topic relates to this website:

http://www.globaltop5.com/web-hosting.html

0 comments:

 

GooContents | Jump to TOP